The new year is going to bring higher prices on certain items. According to CNNMoney, there are 10 categories of consumer purchases that we'll be paying more for in 2014:
- Nuts - Buy these at Aldi
- First class postage stamps - Read why I think stamps are still a good deal.
- Home prices - Watch this video to get my scoop on real estate in 2014.
- Apartments for rent - I have strategies to help you land a better deal on rent.
- Honey - Buy this one at Aldi.
- Chocolate - This one too!
- Satellite TV - Thankfully, more alternatives to cable and satellite are coming.
- Public transporation - Bus rapid transit (BRT) still does it best in my opinion.
- Health care - See my Obamacare/Affordable Health Care Act Guide -- it's your guide to the new law without the politics.
- Taxes - I have long been an outspoken critic of our nation's broken tax code.
For further reading: