The future of education is all about lifelong learning, but too many people don't further their education after they get out of school.
Now the beauty of the Internet can come to rescue with continuing education options from major universities for free.
Coursera.org offers free non-credit courses online from 16 top universities including Stanford, Princeton, Penn State, Rice, Michigan, Duke, Georgia Tech and many more. Here's a list of some of the types of classes that are available:
- Biology & Life Sciences
- Computer Science: Programming & Software Engineering
- Economics & Finance
- Health and Society & Medical Ethics
- Statistics, Data Analysis, and Scientific Computing
- Business & Management
- Computer Science: Systems, Security, Networking
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Medicine and Veterinary Science
- Computer Science: Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Vision
- Computer Science: Theory
- Electrical and Materials Engineering
- Information, Technology, and Design
- Physical & Earth Sciences
Once you have a degree, doing free online education that amps up your skills and modernizes your education is a great way to make yourself an attractive job candidate.
You might also want to check out edX.org, which offers free courses designed specifically for interactive study via the web, provided by MIT, Harvard and Berkeley.