Government / Governing bodies: (National)
- American Board of Medical Specialties - 800-776-2378
Provides information on whether or not an individual physician is board certified.
- Medicare Information Hotline - 800-633-4227
- Medicaid/Medicare Fraud/Abuse - 800-447-8477
- Replacement Medicare/Social Security cards - 800-772-1213
- U.S. Office of Inspector General - 800-447-8477 - Medicare / Medicaid Fraud & Abuse
- Directory of National Helplines - 800-678-2435
- A published guide to toll-free public service numbers.
- Medical Info Bureau (MIB) - 617-426-3660
For $8, find out if you have a MIB record or if you have questions about insurance applications or claims. And, get a copy of your medical records.
- PHARMA - 202-835-3400
Get free medicine
- www.iiaa.org - 800-221-7917
- www.goldenrule.com - Health plans and MSAs
- www.personalmd.com - Life saving medical info
- www.nih.gov - National Institutes for Health
- www.healthmarket.com - Evaluate doctors and find prices
- www.outofpocket.com - Evaluate doctors and find prices
Affordable prescription drugs:
- PHRMA Public Affairs Division - 202-835-3400
1100 Fifteenth St. NW
Washington, DC 20005