Are you putting yourself in danger of identity theft by sharing too much info on social media?
A new Visa survey found shocking results about the info Americans are sharing without giving a second thought to how they might be inviting cybercriminals into their lives.
- Almost half of respondents disclose their birthday on social media.
- 29% share their phone number.
- 20% list their home address.
- 14% list their mother’s maiden name.
- 7% post their Social Security number on social media!
If you’re doing any of these things, take the info down right now! Any single piece of this info could help a crook steal your identity and wreak financial havoc in your life. And remember, be careful who you friend too!
For further reading: